Monday, April 4, 2011

Crop Circles by Jen Maddocks Designs

I adore these Crop Circles templates from Jen Maddocks!  Well, I am torn between the Quilt Templates and the Crop Circles in terms of which I like better.  Both work so well and so remind me of quilt designs I have done.  I need to dig up some circle quilts and show them along with circle layouts.



This first layout was such a piece of cake to put together, and reminds me of the glorious feelings I had when taking these photos, so happy that the rain had finally stopped, the sun was out, and the colors were brilliant in the sunlight!  The geraniums we planted last year are winning the battle with the rabbits and are large and practically neon in their colors!  The live oaks on the golf course are starting to sprout leaves from their curly branches.  The pear trees are flowered out, sending showers of white petals in the breeze, the rather plain bushes in front of the garage have these tiny pink flowers, and the bottom picture, I took that at the Rotten Robbie gas station on Stevens Creek in Cupertino.  I was just so darned happy to see blue sky!
And in the background is the weeping willow at the pond on 17, the subject of many a photo.

Jen Maddocks Designs

Template is Crop Circles 2, Template #4 by Jen Maddocks Designs, paper and elements are Venerable and August Build a Kit, also by Jen Maddocks.  I added the bird and some brushes and flares from Anna Aspnes Magic FotoBlenz and Artplay Palette Barren Sunrise.

No comments:

Post a Comment