Sunday, April 24, 2011

Crafty Saturday

Since I am still not well enough to play golf and do too much cleaning, I got to be extra crafty yesterday.  Not a bad trade-off, especially considering the weather continues to be kaka-ish (not a meteorologically correct term, but descriptive nonetheless).

A couple of weeks ago I embroidered some Christmas stocking cuffs for Tracey, and since the embroidery unit was all set up and doesn't get much use, I thought I would use it for something on a pillow.  Not sure what to embroider, I thought, why not "Paris"?

For the front I used Lakehouse ticking in red, white and gold, with the gold dots set off nicely by the Christopher Lowell gold trim that I found in the bargain bin at JoAnn's for $1/yard.  On the back is the red-on-gold rooster fabric seen in the other rooster pillow.  Since I recovered an old pillow, the total cost was just a couple of dollars, and I am pleased with it.



"Crafty" was also the theme of this layout done with the Jessica Sprague Tuesday Template #12. We know I am not a fan of tiny pictures on a 12" layout, but in this case, pictures sent via instant message are more about the occurrences than the photography, so not altogether inappropriate.  It was fun to find all the doilies and buttons and trim to load up the rest of the page.

TT12 Crafty
Credits:
Kitschy Digitals Granny's Attic and Granny's Sewing Basket, and the Grandma's Quilt Blog Train, featuring work by Girl Boy Girl, Jenasis Design, Sprouting Seeds Studio, Stacey's Scraps and Jen Maddocks Designs. Font is Claudia Jean.

No comments:

Post a Comment