Friday, April 15, 2011

Apple Blossoms are White

The apple blossoms are one of the first flora to bloom in January and February, and how surprised I was to find we actually have an apple blossom tree, right in the front corner, somewhat hidden behind another tree of unknown provenance. And so lots of apple blossom pictures were taken and scrapped earlier in the year. But, always room for more!

Apple Blossom is a beautiful new digital paper and element release from Jen Maddocks Designs. Being literal me, I had to go back to my apple blossom photos, perhaps using a few I didn't use before, but anyway in a whole new way.

This layout uses Jen's Crop Circles 2 in addition to the papers and elements from Apple Blossom.  The kit also included some glitter styles.  I know I learned how to use styles in one of my classes, but couldn't remember how.  All it took was a quick google search, 'how to use styles in photoshop' and voila, info received, learned, and used - note the cool glitter circle outlines which echo the colors in the branch brushes...yummy details!

Apple Blossoms JMD
Additional credits - the wonderful branch brush which I've used over and over is from Jen Allyson's Vanity Fair, and the adorable ribbon bee is from Joey Lynn Designs Garden Lover.  Yes, I placed a ribbon bee on the photo, but there was a bee in that photo, just not very clear.


A look at the lovely previews for Apple Blossom

No comments:

Post a Comment