Thursday, March 24, 2011

Venice in Not So Basic Browns

I recently saw an oldish looking envelope on Tod's desk. Turns out it was loaded with ephemeral treasures! Photos and postcards from his grandfather Harry Weber's trip to Europe in 1930! 1930! You had to go to Europe by ship then. Imagine... Harry Weber traveled to London, Bruges, Rome and Venice, possibly Chamonix, as there is a picture of someone on the Mer de Glace, Lauterbrunnen in Switzerland, and several places in Germany.
I asked Tod to scan all these so I could start playing with them, and this is the first effort.

I continue to look for opportunities to achieve multiple objectives with a single layout. This one uses a Jessica Sprague Template Tuesday challenge, along with papers and elements by Maya de Groot Designs - Not So Basic Browns and Midsummer Night's Dreams.
This picture of the Rialto Bridge in Venice struck me for several reasons:
- I knew we had a very similar picture taken on our trip to Venice in 2009
- the Rialto Bridge is a stunningly recognizable landmark
- Venice is one of the most special places I have traveled to
The background photo is one I created for a layout on Venice done previously, and also used it on Megan's Christmas calendar, but I love it, so I used it again.  The technique is pretty simple - turn the photo to sepia then use the 'find outlines' filter.

TT8 Venice
Credits:
Papers from Not So Basic Browns by Maya de Groot Designs
Elements from Midsummer Night's Dreams by Maya de Groot Designs
Template is Scrap Canvas Vignette by The Queen of Quirk
Tags are from LIV Click Mini
Alpha is Authentic Artistry by Christina Renee.

No comments:

Post a Comment