Wednesday, March 9, 2011

Simply Kelly Puzzles



I love jigsaw puzzles, so I was excited when Kelly told us she was working on puzzle templates. They are no disappointment! 
Photoshop actually comes with a custom shape that is a puzzle piece, so I tried to do something with it once, but didn't get very far. That's why Kelly is the designer and I am the Creative Team member :-)

Here is the new release:
Simply Kelly Puzzles Preview

The first of my layouts uses some POTD/P365 photos I took on Feb 26. We had gone to Chipotle for dinner using the BOGO coupon from Facebook, then went to Bev Mo to buy Beaujolais for Megan's birthday party. It was that stormy period at the end of February, but the clouds were incredibly beautiful, lit up by the setting sun.
And although the picture of the street light from our neighborhood was taken at a different time, I liked the whole orange thing going on.

Puzzle Template Clouds
Credits:
Simply Kelly 4x6 Puzzle Template
Background Paper, Overlays and Swirls - Simply Kelly A Formal Affair
Photo Template and Strips - Simply Kelly Rounded 12x12
Font - Chicago House, Baveuse

For this next one I dug into the archives for some favorite photos from Kirkwood. I blended four different photos, letting the puzzle pieces show through in places.
I get lots of positive comments about my blending. Perhaps one day I'll do a little tutorial on it, because it is one of the first things I ever learned, and very easy to do.

Puzzle Template Kirkwood
Credits:
Simply Kelly 12x12 Puzzle Template
Overlay - Simply Kelly A Formal Affair (set to Multiply blending mode)
Alpha - Simply Kelly Busy Bee Epoxy Alphabet
Brushes - Mary Ann Wise Essence, Laurie Ann Wildflowers
Font - Jane Austen, Cafisch Script Pro

No comments:

Post a Comment