Tuesday, March 29, 2011

Operation Digi-Morph Revealed


For the past month or more, I have been participating in my first digi-morph challenge, sponsored by Design House Digital
What exactly is a digi-morph challenge? Well, one person starts it by finding a layout and scraplifting it, then passing it on to the next person, with a challenge. There were about 20 participants, so it took over a month.

When it was my turn, this is the layout I received from Kelli, with the challenge to do a monochromatic layout.



When I heard "monochromatic", I thought of two paper collections that I might use, and they were both Parisian (and both from Jen Allyson of DHD). So I next thought about the Paris photo or photos to use. Seeing the word "LOVE" spelled out in candy somehow made me think of that book store in the Marais, Mona Lisait (which means, Mona was reading or Mona read).  Finding the photo is always satisfying - it was actually from our trip to Paris and the Netherlands in April of 2008.
 
For the "lifting" part, I literal lifted the tear (from Tiffany Tillman, Tears Set 1) and repeated it (yes, that was tricky), and used her rectangle-with-circle-cutout shapes, adorned with kraft circles (Robin Meierotto's Kraft Party Elements).  For the monochromatic challenge, I turned the photo to sepia, then use a mask and eraser to reveal just the red of the letters.  This coloration blended beautifully with Jen Allyson's Vintage Findings Black & Cream papers and tag.  Note the extraction of the building balcony blended above the fold (love that!).  I added a couple of postmarks (Pixelbooking French Girl Bleu kit) and an "I Love Paris" from cajoline scraps.
I *LOVE* this layout and have been anxious to share it!

Digi Morph Mona
 
 
Oh, the challenge I gave?  Incorporate a play on words, and, in case that was too hard, use the color red.
The whole series of layouts and challenges can be found in the Design House Digital forum.

1 comment:

  1. Darn it! I deleted my comment!

    I'm glad you participated in this... your layout turned out amazing! I've hosted these for a while, but never with the extra challenge until now. It provided a fun twist! :)

    ReplyDelete