Sunday, March 13, 2011

March Flora Part 3

No story of March flora would be complete without a few daffodils. Another house on Arezzo Drive almost at the end, has several lovely patches of daffodils. These orange-trumpeted ones opened a little later than their sold yellow counterparts.

I used Maya de Groot Designs Template Set 4 and her kit Midsummer Night's Dream to collage my daffy pictures. The pictures I took of the deep red freesias on Arezzo were blurry, but I find blurry pics can be used as small highlights.

When it came time to journal this page, I knew I wanted to include a quote from Frances Hodgson Burnett's A Secret Gardin, where Colin finds the daffodil leaves poking through the soil. Finding the book on the bookshelf was easy. I thought about trying to find an online version so I could search it. But I just opened it, and there was the quote about the "daffydowndillys"!

Daffy T13

No comments:

Post a Comment