Tuesday, February 8, 2011

Superbowl Super Layouts

So the Superbowl has come and gone with nary a notice from me, except for the Superbowl Challenge at Design House Digital. I really wanted the grand prize, a Wacom Tablet. I didn't win the grand prize, but I did win a $5 gift certificate .
All it took was about a dozen layouts.

But with each one I learn a little more, get to play a little more, get to do something creative, get to preserve a memory or capture a feeling or a moment, and keep working on that legacy preservation.

Here are the rest of the layouts I did for the Superbowl challenge.
This first is one of my favorites. I took the picture with my phone just outside the Cafe courtyard at eBay, where the magnolias are blossoming gorgeously.
DHD VS Challenge
Tiffany Tillman Scrappable Template 16, Background - Robyn Meierotto Fall Blog Hop Dots,
Mary Ann Wise Spring Blossoms, Jen Allyson Vanity Squares, Karen Funk Simply Boyish overlay, and Tiffany Tillman Artistic Masks. Karla Dudley - Clockworqs, DigiEssentials butteryfly, Crush Brush
Jan Allyson Vintage Findings Paris and Orange Sunshine papers, Karen Funk Remember When alpha, Font is One Fell Swoop.


Next, my somewhat literal interpretation of a Sports Idiom.
DHD Idiom Challenge
Template is Tiffany Tillman Storyteller, mask is Tiffany Tillman Artistic Masks, B/G paper, & flag - Jen Allyson Notions Blue, Frames - Karen Funk Color My World, journal tag & brushes - Jen Allyson Vanity Fair, Flower is Mary Ann Wise Delightful Felt Flower, font is Alfredo Heavy Hollow, golf balls cluster and golf ball brads I made myself :-)

Another P365 photo, and perhaps not the best, but it will always help me to remember spotting the two owls in the eucalyptus trees between the 4th and 5th holes. I'm going to remove the steelers vs packers title when I print this.
DHD Talking Owls
Background paper and brushes are Jen Allyson's Vanity Fair, with additional brushed from Karla Dudley DidiEssentials.

I returned to some awesome and funny pictures of Natalie for these next two.
DHD Team Colors Natalit
The green and gold papers and elements are from Carina Gardner's Paisley kit. Also Deena Rutter Happier Paper. This started from the Audrey Neal 123 Template, then modified. I made the peace signs (best I could Smile).
Oh and Karen Funk Color My World frame is under the Carina Gardner Paisley frame.


DHD Logo Natalie
Audrey Neal 123 Template. Papers: Deena Rutter Happier b/g papers, Audrey Neal Game Night , Sara Schmutz Autumn Kitchen , Frame - Karen Funk Color My World, Ribbon - Kate Teague Blog Hop, Flags - Jen Allyson Notions Blue, fonts - Pea Jay and Baveuse.

Started grabbing at straws for some of these, but I do like these pics, the first from Venice, the one of Megan taken in someone's closet, and the 3rd from that trip to the mall for ear piercing.
DHD Idion Hat trick
Modification of the Audrey Neal 123 Template. Everything else from Karen Funk Shabby Valentine.

This next one uses one of my P365 photos, the first daffodil spotted this year, on Arezzo Drive.
DHD Colors Daffodil
Background paper is Karen Funk Shabby Valentine, with Carina Gardner Paisley papers, Mary Ann Wise Stacked Frames and Essence Brushes. Template is Tiffany Tillman Storyteller.

Ever since I saw this challenge, I've been thinking "Very Special",
so that's how I've interpreted it here :-).
DHD Very Special
Everything from Karen Funk's Shabby Valentine except frames from Audrey Neal's Spring Fever.

No comments:

Post a Comment