Wednesday, February 2, 2011

Simply Kelly New Digital Scrapbooking Templates

I am excited to be embarking on a new mini-effort as a Creative Team member for Simply Kelly Designs.

I am not sure how I "met" Kelly, but it is not unlikely given I hang out in digital scrapping circles, and believe me, they are wide circles!
And so I was thrilled when Kelly accepted my application to be on her creative team (known as CT in the scrap biz).

Anyway, without further ado, let me introduce 4 new digital scrapbooking templates that Kelly has created, available in her store at Digital Design Den.
These multi-layered versatile templates allow for a large range of possibilities, from clipping photos or papers to each of the circles and squares (yes, those are individual layers, not just big polka dots!), to grouping or merging adjacent or non-adjacent layers for specialized effects. In fact, Kelly has a tutorial on her blog now on how to do this merging.
There are Rounded elements in both 12x12 and 8.5x11:


And Squared versions, also in both 12x12 and 8.5x11:


And here is what I created with these templates!

First off, with the 12x12 Rounded template, I selected some pictures of the January full moon, then added sparkling jewels to each of the background circles. These jewels are from Kelly's A Formal Affair kit, recolored to complement the colors in the layout.
Moon

Next, I worked with the 8 1/2" x 11" template. I have not done anything in this size before, but I could see that it would be convenient for local printing (which I don't do...more on that another time).
In this layout I grouped sets of circles to use as clipping masks for photos or portions of photos.
The additional papers and elements are also all from Kelly's A Formal Affair.
The pictures were taken on our morning walk last Saturday around San Filippe.

Morning Walk

This next layout uses the 12x12 square template and an "ooh la la" kit called Be Mine by Echo Park (from Jessica Sprague). The top picture is from Christmas 2010, and the bottom picture is from our trip to Paris in January 2009. If you look carefully at the gold/orange metal in the background, that is La Tour dan la nuit!
Be Mine

And finally, the 8.5x11 template featuring some of my January P365 photos, of the beautiful blooming apple blossoms against the perfectly blue January sky!
The lovely papers and brushes in this kit are from Design House Digital - Jan Allyson's Vanity Fair and Mary Ann Wise Spring Blossoms. The journaling tag is from Kelly's A Formal Affair.

Spring Blossoms

1 comment:

  1. Your layouts are so creative Diane! I love having your enthusiasm on our team.

    ReplyDelete