Monday, February 21, 2011

Plum Blossom Season

The plum blossoms have peaked and are even falling to the ground now, in a fluttery pink snow that smells lovely and pink and plummy. I can't get enough of these lovely trees, which are planted in abundance at Silver Creek.
Lots of plum tree pictures means they make their way into scrapbook pages, especially when I need pics for challenges.

Here are two challenges from Design House Digital featuring plum blossoms.

This first is a redo of a speed scrap layout...it wasn't quite froo froo enough for my tastes, so I added some stamping and brushwork and a fancy font.

Plum Blossom Inspiration
Mary Ann Wise Stacked Frames, Jen Allyson Vanity Fair b/g paper, with Carina Gardner Blog Hop paper as an overlay, Kate Teague and Celeste Knight tape. Ric Rac is from Nanly, with Anna Aspnes staples, Rhinestones are from Simply Kelly A Formal Affair, brushes are the DigiEssentials and Vanity Fair, word strips are dede smith Blessings, hearts - JillDesignz.

This next page was quite a difficult challenge, to extract and selectively recolor. I had to refer to my Jessica Sprague Photoshop Friday lesson on selective recoloring to get this to work out, but the magic wand was my friend this time, and I love the outcome!

This was also a foray into a style that I would love to make my own.
Anna Aspnes is a digital designer whose products always make me drool...such wonderful collage-like messiness. I have admired for some time, and finally broke down a bought a few products - templates, masks, blender brushes, magic flares. I was a little intimidated, but have to admit, it was oh so easy to use her templates and achieve this wonderful look!

Plum Blossom Technique

Template and elements are from Anna Aspnes Magic PhotoBlenz and Something Springy.

No comments:

Post a Comment