Sunday, February 27, 2011

Happy Birthday Tags

Back in December when I took the 12 Tags of Christmas class at Memories Live On, I decided I needed more tags to play with, so bought the convenient 100-pack.
So I have tags to play with!
I used about a dozen to make Valentine Tags, but still have quite a few.

How about Birthday Banner tags??

This was really fun to make for Megan's birthday party this weekend.
I started by creating backgrounds with various inking and misting techniques, then added stamping and embossing, then painted on the letters, added some stickle and glitter sparkle. Probably the most fun part was then gluing on bits of stuff - ribbons and buttons and found objects. I didn't get carried away with this because I didn't want any of the tags to be too heavy.

Finally, ribbons, grommets and some cotton yarn to hold them all together.

Happy Birthday Banner

I simply pinned it to the dining room drapes (unfortunately did not get a good picture of this) and it added quite a crafty and festive touch!

No comments:

Post a Comment