Thursday, January 13, 2011

Speed Scrap Thursday - A Collage & Dim Sum

I love the speed scraps at Scrap Matters...somehow, they challenge me to do something different that I would not think of on my own, and each time, I have been thrilled with the results.

The fundamental design aspect of this layout was the requirement for it to be "sans photo". This was the perfect opportunity to do a collage!

Speed Scrap Time

Background paper by Jen Alyson Vintage Papers, Clock elements from Nanly, cajoline, ptitesouris, alpha is one of my favorites - Christina Renee Authentic Artistry, photos are public domain vintage ephemera, flower brushes from Mary Ann Wise Wildflower Brushes.

This next speed scrap was to have only 3 papers, no frames, contain food, and feature a number. I used a facebook photo of Megan, Jay and Tod at Jay's dim sum birthday lunch in San Francisco. Photo needed a lot of doctoring, including hanging lanterns to blot out the strangers in the background.  I used lots of newly acquired skills to cut, layer, brush, hang...
love the way this turned out!

Dim Sum Lunch

Most papers and elements from the November Blog Train - The Orient. Papers - Digilicious The Orient, Ruby Lane Orient Kit, Mask by Jen Maddocks The Orient, Mags Graphics Chinese Take Out cookie and chopsticks, Moon Designs The Orient coin, Royanna Studios The Orient lanterns, Delicious Scraps The Orient alpha.

No comments:

Post a Comment