I cannot over emphasize the importance of photos to scrapping. Current photos. While I do occasionally dig into the photo archives, the most meaningful pages are freshly made, while the memories are clear, else the details could be a bit "foggy".
Fortunately, my ability to remember details lasts for at least a week, and so these pictures I took a week ago, when the fog lifted, were still fresh in my mind as I used them in a speed scrap sponsored by Scrap Matters.
1. Pick out one paper for you background. It can be patterned or solid but only use one.
2. Pick an odd number of photos. Choose one of these to be your focus and place it on your paper. Now place your other photos on each side of your focal photo but make them smaller.
3. Pick one element and place it in three different places around your photos so that it makes a triangle. (a visual triangle)
4. Use at least three of the following items: stitching, ribbon, glitter, flower, button
5. Put your title on a journal card or paper shape.
6. Add your date and at least one sentence of journaling.
7. Add anything else you feel your page needs, don't forget your shadows.
I love the challenge of following instructions like this and turning them into something creative.
Backgound paper is Mary Ann Wise Spring Blossoms, all gold elements (button, suns, glitter) from Christina Renee Color Theory, journal tag by Angie Young Journal Brushes, Stitching from Karla Dudley Essentials. Template is original. I am currently very much into rounded corners!