Tuesday, January 4, 2011

Scrapping Homework

Remember, I take my Photoshop digital scrapbooking classes seriously! And so I am still on the first week's homework assignments, which are to make two layouts practicing these techniques:

Start by creating compound mask shapes using rectangles and ellipses.
Then choose TWO of the following techniques from Lesson 1 to add to your second assignment layout:

* Add a title by combining brushes and fonts
* Use a clipping mask or a layer mask to "wrap" a ribbon around another item
* Add your journaling in a semi-transparent block

Keeping the shapes to a simple rectangle and circle, I added scallops using a continuous brush (fun!), and used both a semi-transparent journal block and a brush to supplement the wonderful font.


This was the only picture I took of everyone around the table at Christmas dinner.  There was a big blank space between everyone and the chandelier, so I extracted that out and featured it in my part circle...after all, it is the whole reason I remodeled the dining room, which served us well this holiday season!

Lesson 1b Christmas

Supplies from Jessica Sprague, Piggy Scraps (papers from the Holly Jolly Christmas kit) and Christina Renee (gold brushes and flourishes from the Color Theory kit).

No comments:

Post a Comment