Thursday, January 6, 2011

Notes to Self Challenge - P2 The Sewer

Next up in my Notes to Self challenge, more of a "what if".
I can still clearly see the kitchen of our house in Newark, New Jersey, with the man from the art lesson company indicating I had some artistic talent (of course, would he say I didn't have talent, but spend your money on art lessons anyway??), my mom asking me if this was what I really wanted (I believe I said "yes"), then it goes blank...I guess mom sent him packing, I did not get art lessons, and so, many years later (we won't say how many), I still attempt to paint.
And then there was the "what I want to be when I grow up" assignment, somewhere around 2nd or 3rd grade. My brother found my assignment and asked incredulously, "You want to be a sewer?? (as in, the hole in the ground for run-off sewage). That career, too, waited for a later period in life.

But, all in all, perhaps things worked out for the best.

Note to Self - Artist

Note to Self add on kit from Biograffiti, modified Biograffiti creative juice #21 template. Argyle paper from Sara Schmutz Color Wheel. Sewing elements from Kitschy Digitals Grandma's Sewing Basket

No comments:

Post a Comment