Friday, January 28, 2011

Altered Valentine Tags

Just to prove that I do in fact get up from my computer once in a while these days, here are a bunch of crafty altered art Valentine tags I've been working on.

Ever since having so much fun with Tim Holtz's 12 Tags of Christmas, I thought it would be fun to replicate some of the techniques in Valentine cards. I don't have nearly all the gadgetry like Vagabonds and Cricuts and dies, nor the vast variety of inking, painting, staining products such as were provided in the class at Memories Live On, but I do have plenty of stuff to paint, stamp or otherwise adhere to manila tags. And since I bought the manila tags in the convenient 100-pack, I could be busy at this for a while :-)

Just a sampling of the stuff used - grungeboard hearts and swirls, glossy accents on die-cut letters, ticket stickers, letter charms, hand-died trim and buttons, found objects (jewelry, washers), paper ephemera, ribbon, ric rac and trim, pearls, glitter and stamping, Stickles, glitter paint, and lots of glue!

Valentine Tags

No comments:

Post a Comment