Saturday, January 29, 2011

Altered Necklace

As I was digging though cigar boxes, shoe boxes, cups, tins and whatever else holds my collected and found objects to put on my Valentine tags, I came across my little collection of "monocles", really optometrist lenses, but oh so cool, and made of glass and metal, they make the coolest little clinking noises, when combined with other metal objects.

And so I finally put together one of these necklaces for myself (after having made several for presents over the last few years).

The letter charm is from Tim Holtz ideogoly, and the fleur-de-lis may also be Tim Holtz, and the silver cone is some found object...I think it was an earring.
Simple, but I'm telling you, it makes the best sounds, like some magical wind chime in a secret forest of gnomes and fairies.  Sigh...back to reality, the house needs cleaning...

Altered Necklace

No comments:

Post a Comment