Monday, November 1, 2010

The Valances

I bought the fabric for making the draperies and valences shortly before we moved in, back in January.  I brought home samples and held them up to my new Provence Cream bedroom walls.

Finally, this weekend, 9 months later,  I completed the bedroom drapes!  The pinch-pleated cornflower blue gingham drapes were done quite a while ago, but the valances were a long time on the drawing board.  I had no pattern or instructions, just a picture from the Calico Corner brochure.

Before I did the final tacking and stapling, I had Tod put them up onto the mounting brackets so I could make sure everything was even.

Then when I walked into the room to see them, I actually gasped!
I think they are beautiful!

The blue on yellow striped  toile is called Brewster Toile by R Kaufman from Calico Corners.  The dream blue gingham is Linley, also from Calico Corners.  The valance treatment is called the Scalloped Verona.
How appropriate for my Verona model home.
The blue and cream tasseled tiebacks, not quite visible, are vintage and quite a find on eBay for $10!
Now all I need is to take a better picture.

No comments:

Post a Comment