Monday, November 22, 2010

Before & After Grad Scraps

As with any art form, it takes a little while to find one's style and to learn how to express it.

I look back to just this past May, to this layout I created of Megan's graduation using the lesson from Jessica Sprague's Photoshop Friday Episode #3.
I didn't know how to clip pictures into photo masks, I had no idea how to use a brush, and I didn't have much in the way of digital supplies. I also don't think I knew how to get into transform mode so it was hard for me to move and resize elements. How did I ever get this layout done?

Graduation

Oh how much I am learning!
Last night I decided to recreate this layout for Monica's graduation, and realized my May prject needed a facelift.

Here is the new and improved version, with photos enlarged and better clipped (although I like the cut out versions of us in the center), and some stamps added for extra interest and to take up some of the blank space.
Megan's Graduation Update

And a new one made for Monica's graduation, meant to be page 2 of a 2-page spread (I have to admit I had the darnedest time flipping that banner):
Monica's Graduation

No comments:

Post a Comment