Saturday, October 16, 2010

Sunrise Doodling

Remember those ruffles and ridges photos I took earlier this week?

Well, they have made their way into, what else, but a scrapbook page!

Sunrise Doodle Scrapbook Page

As hard as it is, I really like making my own layouts. This page features a mini-kit I snagged in a blog train this week, from Dodie. Thank you, Dodie, for the beautiful colors!
When I first saw the kit, I recognized the colors immediately and knew they would be perfect with this week's photos from the garden.  But doodling is not really my style, or so I thought :-)
I love the juxtaposition of the super-real photos with the playful doodles!

The awesome "I" font is called "Never Writes Back", and I just yesterday learned how to fill closed fonts with color or paper.  The journaling fonts are One Fell Swoop and Pristina.

2 comments:

  1. I love what you've done with my mini-kit! As soon as I have finished my full kit I'll be sending you a link to download it! I thought it was finished, but I've been working on it whenever I have time.

    THANK YOU once again!

    Dodie
    x

    P.S. That photo is stunning!!! Gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i love Dodie's work too! and you used it to make a super fun layout! yay!

    ReplyDelete