Friday, October 22, 2010

Kirkwood "Scraplift"

So I am enamored with "scraplift" challenges right now. They are a good test of my new digital scrapbook skills...can I make shapes and masks and adapt pages to my own unique style??

I think I can!

I am not keen on single-photo layouts...I want to see pictures, not just papers, so I replicated a portion of the photo and blended it into a background.

I had to scrounge around for one recent photo that has not yet been the subject of a scrapbook page, then found this picture from our August trip to Kirkwood. Even though I have a goofy smile, I love the picture.

The most interesting aspect of the original layout was some great brushwork. I love brushed! It's like rubber stamping without the mess! I especially love that I know how to make my own brushes!

Kirkwood August Scraplift

The scraplift was sponsored by Design House Digital. Key to this layout working was the beautiful background paper from Nanly. The vintage photo frame is from Kitschy Digitals. The big and fabulous brushes are from Mary Ann Wise.

1 comment: