Sunday, September 5, 2010

Travel Art

Almost as important to me as the travel, are the photos of the travel, for through the photos, I get to travel again.  Sound like a quote?  It is...it's me.

Even if I never return, I will never forget the wonder that is Venice, unlike any other city in its state of elegant decay.

And here the subject of a photoshop sketch...

Venezia Collage Scrapbook

Let me see if I can remember what I did here...the background is a photo I took of the famous Rialto Bridge that spans the Grand Canal. I first turned it to black & white, colorized it to sepia, then used a filter to find the edges and create a sketch. 
Layers of paper and masks (Jen Maddocks and Dani Moy Designs) create the background, onto which I placed an extracted streetlamp and sign from another photo, word art from Christina Renee, and 3 of my favorite Venice people photos.
Although this trip was in September of 2009, I remember it like it was yesterday, with the help of my pictures and my friend photoshop.

No comments:

Post a Comment