Thursday, September 23, 2010

Start-to-Finish Thursday...My View

The theme for today's start-to-finish Thursday Photoshop assignment was "The View From Here". It didn't have to be a literal interpretation, but I do tend to be literal, especially when ...Oh man, have I got the view!

I was so excited to get started, worried a bit about how I would approach it, then decided to use a template from Tiffany Tillman of Design House Digital, which I think worked out beautifully, although I did enlarge the accent photos.


The title font is a wonderful P22 Cezanne, the journaling font is informal roman...I love the way they look together.
Several masks enable the blending of the photos...one from Dani Moy Designs and one from Angela Powers.
I spent some time in the last week organizing all my digital scrapbook supplies.  Although this killed my hands (all that clicking and dragging) it was SO worth it.  Now when I want a template, I look in the template file, paper in paper, masks in masks, etc.  It is saving so much time!
Still, I believe it took me a bit longer than 30 minutes to do this layout, but that's because it's hard to stop tweaking.

After I thought I was all done, I decided to add the outside frame, from Athena of Cool Scraps Digital.

No comments:

Post a Comment