Saturday, April 17, 2010

Surrounded by Turkeys

We've all heard that expression...

"How can I soar like an eagle when I am surrounded by turkeys?"

Well, I could apply that sentiment to my golf game, because Silver Creek is somewhat infested with wild turkeys.

Sometimes they hide up on the hillks and cackle when I hit a bad shot. Nasty creatures!

Golf Course Turkey

This one was particularly close. I kept my 7-iron in my hand as I passed him. Fortunately, he was more interested in his snack than me. One of these days, I'm going to hit a "birdie", and the feathers are going to fly.

1 comment:

  1. I finally looked. Definitely a "turkey". When golfing, you're suppsed to hit Eagles, not turkeys.

    Today we go to NYC. Bill's fraternity brothers have been going to the Belmont for over 40 years. It will be the first time I go. BUT, first we go to see South Pacific. My cousin, who is the sound man, reserved tickets for us.
    Gail L

    ReplyDelete