Thursday, April 8, 2010

Stairway to Heaven

If heaven be the 8th tee at Silver Creek, then this is the Stairway to Heaven. Or at least it is one of 3 stairways, with additional walkway, to go from the 7th to the 8th holes, an elevation gain of some several hundred feet.

With the exception of the first time we played at the course, I have walked these stairs.

I love these stairs of weathered wood, somewhat soft underfoot as you take each step.
I love how they are somewhat hidden in the hillside, melded into the native vegetation. I love how you cannot see the top as you ascend, making them somewhat "secret stairs".
7th Stairs

My goal is to someday get to the top and not be out of breath and have "leg-wiggle".

1 comment:

  1. What a great photo! I feel a piece of textile art in your future with this one!

    ReplyDelete