Wednesday, December 23, 2009

Christmas Gift Tags

There is not much time for crafting this year, as we are embroiled in the attempted purchase of a new home, with all the ensuring paperwork, cleaning, packing, etc.

This also meant there was little time for Christmas shopping, although most everyone agreed it would not be a bad idea to take it easy with gifts.

Wrapping isn't normally my thing. I admire beautifully wrapped packages, but just can't bring myself to do it, especially knowing I will see my wrapping efforts crumpled up and thrown into the garbage or recycle bin.

But, despite the potential for these to end us as recycle, I decided to put some creative effort into gift tags. After all, I have stamps, and I have a new lot of Ranger Tim Holtz Distress Ink pads (yeah, I finally won an auction for one of these lots!).


This one is a Penny Black stamp, Ranger Fired Brick Distress Ink, with Vintage Photo ink on the edges, and Xmas Red Stickles
.


A Hero Arts stamp in Vintage Photo Ink, with Worn Lipstick ink on the edges, and some Copper Stickles.


This tag started with the name of a paper line which I saved for a long time, mounted on vellum then on a tag inked with Ranger Peeled Paint.


A simple Inkadinkado stamp on a tag inked with Antique Linen Distress Ink, the name in Vintage Photo ink.


Here's the Penny Black stamp again on red cardstock with Stickle highlights.


Last, and my favorite - the background was stamped with the excess ink from the other tags, over-inked with Antique Linen, edged with Vintage Photo and Worn Lipstick, then a Stampabilities Amore stamp in Fired Brick, an Invoke Arts dressform, a Stampin' Up fleur-de-lis, Cavallini postal mark, and snowflakes in the corner. The snowflake stamp is the first stamp I ever bought, for 50 cents at a garage sale.

1 comment:

  1. Diane,You have some kicking tags here!!!Have a wonderful Christmas!!Warmest Regards,Cat

    ReplyDelete