Sunday, November 15, 2009

More Cherishing

I was supposed to finish this album in the class I took a week ago, but had to leave early to go look at houses.

I think this was both a blessing and a curse. A blessing because now I have to finish it on my own, with my own creative thoughts and process. A curse because now I have to finish it on my own, with my own creative thoughts and process :-)

After much ado, I have finished page 2!



Waiting and thinking, and cleaning, enabled me to solve the problem of mounting the clear overlay. Because as I was cleaning out the dining room, I came across an old birthday card with perfect color and imagery to use as an intermediate mount between the background page and the clear overlay, and I was able to stitch the overlay in place, keeping it as an open pocket for inserting a picture. Here I've inserted one of my ACEO prints.



I may have overinked the grungeboard, as I lost some of the appearance of the texture, but like the effect of the gold glitter paint. In the sample, the stitching was faux. I couldn't figure out how to do that, so my stitching is real.

Pages 1 and 2 complete!
"Sometimes looking at life from a distance helps you remember a moment."



No comments:

Post a Comment