Saturday, October 24, 2009

The Raven

A few weeks ago, while out on a walk past the local elementary school, I spied some pages from a book lying under a bush. I cannot pass up such ephemeral treasure! It was a chapter from a book...Chapter 4 The Raven. But it was not Poe. It seemed to be a King Arthur story.

Last night I attended a Make-It-and-Take-It ATC session at Memories Live On, and while learning how best to blend and stamp with distress ink, and the different effects of distress ink versus permanent ink, I created a Halloween-themed card featuring a raven.

And so incorporating pieces from the book pages (some directly, some via digital scan and digital collage) and new techniques with inks and overlays, I created the artist card, "The Raven".

The background is a melange of a variety of Tin Holtz Ranger distress inks, stamped with an uber-cool Tim Holtz poison stamp. Onto this I collaged the piece from the book. The raven is stamped onto the acetate overlay with StazOn ink and embellished with a crystal eye.



On the back I digitally collaged part of the story featuring the raven, using my distress ink for both stamping and a vintage look around the edges. The crown in distressed and traditionally collaged with gel medium. Everything is held together with straight edge stitching with copper-colored thread.



1 comment:

  1. How wonderful is this! And just in time for Halloween!

    ReplyDelete