Thursday, October 1, 2009

October Already? ACEO Theme Week

Here it is October, and since I was away for the September theme week, I'm glad to have some artwork to present.
The theme for this month is "Fall Colors".

While some in the country are celebrating cooler temperatures, brisk breezes, and colorful falling leaves, we are still basking in warm sunshine. And I would not have it any other way. There is a bit of a nip in the air in the early mornings and evenings, and this says that winter is on the way.

But I love summer, and always want to hold onto it.
So I created my card about summer, and summer memories.


This summer, three little kittens literally walked into our lives, showing up with their mom on our back patio one June evening. Mom took off after a while, and we have been fostering the kitties ever since. They are now thriving and somewhat socialized young cats and we hope we can find them a permanent home.

Theme week entries cannot be advertised to be for charitable causes, but I think I will make some cards and donate the proceeds to the wonderful folks at Peninsula Fix our Ferals, for all the help they provided with Mo, Larry and Curly.



On the front I started with a blue sky fabric as the base, and added a sun and grass with fabric stiffened with gel medium. These are free-motion stitched in place. Three metal cat brads represent Mo (white), Larry (black) and Curly (gray). Larry, the little girl, especially likes to watch butterflies, which was added with gel medium.



On the back is a watercolor paper in which I sponged acrylic paint in shades of summer yellow and gold... I made this in my ATC class last night (more on that later in the week). I penned in the little story, and added another butterfly with gel medium.

1 comment:

  1. Me too! I'm not ready to let go of summer either!!

    ReplyDelete