Friday, October 16, 2009

Eiffel Tower #3

The nice thing about series is that they have things in common...while that might sound like something Yogi Bera would say, it is true, and for me it means I can work a little faster.

I just love these Eiffel Tower images from Cupcake Cutiees, and they go so well with the variety of typography fabric that I have, this one in gold on red. I'm also loving the way the paper elements, with a bit of ink on the edges, look zig-zag stitched to the backgrounds and each other.



I'm getting down to the last of the pink on black polka dot ribbon that I bought in Montemarte in January...I will have to go back and get more.

I'm also really pleased with the back of this card. The background is a digital collage from DigitalCollageSheets, (who have beautiful ephemera collections!) and onto this I stitched a Metro ticket (no chance of running out of those any time soon) treated with vintage ink and a couple of French postage stamps mounted onto yellow for contrast, and stitched into place.



And on to #4!

No comments:

Post a Comment