Friday, September 25, 2009

Z Zebra Zed...La Fin

Twenty six artist cards, front and back...52 little piece of French art...ending with this "Z".



Onto white fabric mounted on timtex, I molded , glued then sewed into place tiny strips of black twill tape and ribbon, focusing in on a section of a zebra flank and upper legs. To this I added the paper ephemera...clockface "Z" embellished with a Swarovski crystal and faux typewriter letters spelling out the word in French, "zebre".

A black and white fuzzy trim is sewn around the edges, encasing several black and white ribbons and trims, each ending with a metal fleur-de-lis, since, after all, c'est un z├Ębre, pas un zebra.

On the back I did a little digital collage, with stripes of course, on top of which I blended several images scanned from my vintage French dictionary.



What's next? Hmmm...

No comments:

Post a Comment