Tuesday, September 15, 2009

X Marks the Spot

I finished my "X" card in my French alphabet series.
May not look much different than yesterday, but everything is now glued, sewn and otherwise secured, with a couple more embellishments.



"X Marks the Spot" that is France, also known as "la hexagon" because of it's shape.
On a background of gold artist paper from Arch, I stamped "la hexagon" and overlaid this with a clear and black swirly overlay from Hambly.

On top of this is a paper map of France, which I colored and stitched into a prominent hexagon by crocheting around it in red thread. An Eiffel Tower brad marks the location of Paris, and the clockface "X", embellished with a gold crystal, sits in the middle.
A fleur-de-lis brad embellishes the top right corner.


For a bit more flourish, I added 3 French ribbons, purchased at the Loisirs et Creations store in Bercy Village in Paris. Two of them feature geometric elements...stripes and circles, rounding out the shape offerings of the card, and the third pronounces "la vie est belle", or "life is good"!

On the back I used an ATC sized print featuring the Eiffel Tower. I liked how the colors from the front of the card are mimicked in this print.



1 comment:

  1. Oooh la la! Another clever card!

    When will you start the Italian card series? :)

    Only 2 more letters left for France!

    ReplyDelete