Tuesday, September 1, 2009

Travel Trivia 10 - Partying

I am traveling from August 23rd to September 10th. Detailed journals of my travels and tons of pictures are on my Shutterfly site.

But I thought it would be fun (albeit difficult) to pick one picture per day that represents something special or different or unexpected, and that explains how and why I travel.

Day 10 Trivia - Party With the Locals
Siena is known for the tight bonds and fierce pride in their "contrada", the 17 different neighborhoods that make up the city. They are also known for the parties celebrating the winning of the palio. Well, since this was the Pantera Contrada, who did not win this year's August palio, perhaps something else was being celebrated. The Killers were providing the music, and I so wanted to grab a plate, sit down, and even have a dance...



No comments:

Post a Comment