Monday, September 21, 2009

Farewell Blue Quilt

Before I started designing my own quilts, I tried many techniques, learning about fabric, color, values, and practicing and perfecting my stitching. One of the techniques I dabbled with was "Impressionist Quilting" in which small squares are arranged, "on point", which means that one is really arranging diamonds, to create an overall "impression".

"Blue Bouquet" was not the first of the quilts done in this technique, nor the last, but was somewhere in between. I have had this quilt for sale for the longest time, and while many admired, none bought.

Until this past weekend, finally, I have sold a quilt. Not for anywhere near what it is worth, but worth of art being what the buyer will pay, well...it is now on it's way to a new home, for which I am very pleased.


Blue Bouquet, 38" x 41" (SOLD)

No comments:

Post a Comment