Friday, September 11, 2009

Artist Card Techniques

Another Artist Card completed before I left for Italy, another of my darling Paris, made so I could try a couple of new items and techniques - crochet on paper which I discovered in Take Ten magazine (I love this magazine from Stampington & Company...so many ideas!), and a Hambly ATC Patchwork overlay. I am happy with both!



A complex series of layers and elements makes up this artist card. The background is a beautiful textured green paper from Arch. A similarly textured red paper, embellished with hand-chrocheted threads, accompanies an Eiffel Tower stamped on gold vellum on the next layer.
A "Paris" paper label and "Je t'aime" is stamped several times on the next layer.
Over this is stitched a white-on-clear Hambly overlay providing "flourish".

On the outermost layer is a fleur-de-lis charm, several green crystals and a red floral brad holding white silk flower petals.

French trim overpainted with gold metallic thread trims the bottom of the card.

1 comment:

  1. I love the way you combine textile and collage art!

    ReplyDelete