Monday, August 24, 2009

Travel Trivia 2 - Artwork

I am traveling from August 23rd to September 10th. Detailed journals of my travels and tons of pictures are on my Shutterfly site.

But I thought it would be fun (albeit difficult) to pick one picture per day that represents something special or different or unexpected, and that explains how and why I travel.

Day 2 Trivia - I break for artwork.
Not only am I interested in art, but I am interested in seeing the art that people choose for their homes or businesses.

The Hotel San Carlo in Lugano, Switzerland has wonderful customized artwork. Someone created a series of mixed media collages which incorporate photos of the hotel. They are unique and interesting, all different, and best understood as a set, but this one gives an idea of the style - colorful grids with the photos worked in.


No comments:

Post a Comment