Saturday, August 1, 2009

August Theme Week Artist Card

It's the first of the month...do you know where your art is??

This month the ACEO theme is domestic animals. I had hoped my French alphabet would have progressed to the point of "V", and I could do a "vache" card, but I am not there yet.

But wait, what about that collection of French poodle and Eiffel Tower ribbons I bought on eBay a few weeks ago to use up my eBay Bucks?

Well, here are a few captured in a ribbon crazy quilt.


Some adorable ribbon featuring French poodles and the Eiffel tower are arranged and sewn crazy quilt style on an interfacing base.

Several of the Eiffel Towers feature crystals at the top, as does the center poodle.

In the upper corner, French pink on black polka dotted ribbon sporting a crystal adds an 'ooh-la-la" touch.



On the back is a pink hand-dyed fabric stamped with a fleur-de-lis, a swirl, and the title, "Poodle Love".

Additional ribbon tails end in 3 brads - a heart, a fleur-de-lis, and an Eiffel Tower.

1 comment:

  1. The things you come up with....I'm always amazed Diane!

    ReplyDelete