Saturday, July 25, 2009

Quickly to Q...Next Artist Card

Unlike the way too long pause between "O" and "P", the "Q" in my French artist card alphabet series has come about quite quickly :-)

It helps that while we were at our beach vacation earlier this month, one day the french word of the day was "coquillage", and I thought, "what a lovely word"!

OK, so it does not start with the letter "Q"...this is when I pull out my artistic license and use the lovely word anyway, since it has a "q" in it, and all the signs were there!

In fact, speaking of license, I decided to use instead the somewhat shorter word, "coquille", since that will fit much easier in the space of an ACEO!

This started out to be a simple card...a shell fabric thread-painted with metallic threads. But then it took on a life of it's own - glitter tulle, sea life charms, beads, crystals...I could hardly stop myself!


"Q" as in "coQuille", Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

And on the back...the base image is from The Graphics Fairy (thank you, Karen!). I added some text via Photoshop, some stamping, and faux scrabble letters...I love the result!



1 comment:

  1. Sooooo pretty Diane! Congratulations on completing another masterpiece. I was wondering what you would do with Q!

    ReplyDelete