Friday, July 24, 2009

Blog Hop? Why Not...


I've been to shop hops, considering joining paper chases, done the bunny hop, so now comes another hop adventure...a Blog Hop.
Of course now that I have joined, the pressure is on to write quickly! Perhaps the best way is listmania style!
  • wife and mom
  • textile artist
  • quilt pattern designer
  • traveler
  • francophile
  • eBay Power Seller
  • casual outdoor hiker/biker
  • word games, puzzles, typography
  • book lover, paper smeller
  • gardener, flower lover
  • Artist Trading Card creator
  • scrapbook newbie
  • junkie (as in, I'll pick up anything shiny on the ground, can't resist a pile of garbage, have difficulty throwing anything away, and therefore own way too much stuff)
  • favorite color - red
  • favorite food - lasagna and bagels (not together)
  • favorite place - Paris
  • favorite artist - Vincent Van Gogh
  • favorite book - can't choose (Secret Garden, David Copperfield, Harry Potter)
  • favorite movie - Amelie
  • favorite TV show - Dark Shadows
  • hobbies - reading, knitting & crocheting, paper stuff (scrapbooks, cards, collage), mosaics, painting
  • where do I find the time? I don't cook, rarely clean, sleep too little, multitask to extremes (currently writing, drinking coffee, working on an artist card, have two books open, have a game of Word Mole going on my blackberry, and am thinking of popping the Italian lessons into the computer, but may have breakfast first), have a great husband!
  • Oh and I live in the San Francisco Bay area, and cannot imagine living anywhere else, unless it is in Paris :-)
Thanks for visiting :-)
Diane

13 comments:

  1. Hey, Diane! Thanks for stopping by my blog. I'm always in awe of anyone with artistic abilities. I am not crafty AT ALL! Can't wait to read more about you. Have a good weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Diane,

    I wandered over from the Blog Hop. It is nice to "meet" you. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Paper smeller? Liked your intro.

    Just stopping by via the Blog Hop to say hello!
    http://iamharriet.blogspot.com/2009/07/blog-hopping-theres-lot-to-do-this.html

    ReplyDelete
  4. Just hopping by from the Blog Hop...it's nice to "meet" you.

    Looks like we have a lot of the same loves. :D

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey There! Stopping by from the Blog Hop to show some love!
    XOXO
    ~eve

    ReplyDelete
  6. Hello Diane! Thank you for visiting my little blog. I am an east-coast girl, but I visited San Francisco a few years ago and fell in love with the city. If I could ever be persuaded to move to the west coast, that would be it. So much creative diversity and fantastic weather to boot!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Hey Scrapbook newbie! So great to meet you. Also noticed you're from SF Bay Area. Lived there much of my life until we moved in December, but if you move to Paris I'll be happy to relocate with you! Hope you enjoyed the Blog Hop!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love the idea of quilting and have started one but I don't think I have the patience to finish. (I am not sure I have the patience to finish the one my great aunt started and all that is left is part of the quilting.)

    So I am really impressed with someone that can finish a quilt.

    Nice to "meet" you.

    ReplyDelete
  9. LOL about not cooking and rarely cleaning. I made my first offical quilt top in 4th grade. The only quilts I have finished are the rag quilts!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. I really admire quilters. It takes a lot of patience that I really wish I had.

    I'm giving away a $5 gc and a few more prizes on my blog here if you'd like to stop by today!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Oh my, your craftiness leaves me a little queasy! Crafts hate me. ;)

    We were recently in your area, and man is it beautiful!

    Glad I hopped over.

    ReplyDelete
  12. hello diane!
    it's almost a week later and i'm still blog-hopping! i LOVE the movie amelie!! especially how they fast forward through her past.. awesome idea! i also think i've developed adult-onset ADD... too much to do, too little time, too little time to do housework!! ;)

    ReplyDelete
  13. I love your "where do I find the time" comment. Made me giggle...and nod in agreement.

    ReplyDelete