Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Be My Guest, Sleep with the Quilts!

Not too far from the realm of artistic accomplishment is the readying of my guest room. The guest room normally serves as a quilt storage room, so finding places for the many quilts which usually grace this bed is quite the afternoon endeavor.

But I am pleased with the result, and need to capture it since is hardly ever looks like this:


On the bed is Cottonwood Pass, an adorable traditional quilt I made about 15 years ago. It's one of the only large quilts I have ever hand-quilted...I could do this back when quilting was still a hobby.

On the foot of the bed is Hawaiian Dimensions, made with a package of Hawaiian shirt leftovers picked up at Hilo Hattie's, made in 2000.

On the wall is one of my many Dancing Diagonals quilts, this one featuring geishas and made in 2002.

In the back corner, the sewing table is piled with about a dozen or so smaller quilts, all from my patterns - Love Letters on top, Diamond Delight below, and quite a few more underneath.

On the dresser is a Margherite table runner.



And speaking of guests, I get to be the guest at a Maggiano's dinner sometime soon! Submitting this very silly picture which clearly shows me at Maggiano's (note the lemon crescent cookies...a Maggiano's exclusive!)...



earned me a prize in their July giveaway!


Add that to the nickle and penny I found on the way home from the car dealership this morning, and I would say it was a good day!

No comments:

Post a Comment