Friday, June 19, 2009

More Pink Roses...Quilted!

Here is one of the ways I extend my gardening into the winter, with garden-themed quilts!

It's funny that just the other day I received a lovely letter about my Double Delight quilt and quilt pattern. And yesterday I was noting the beautiful clusters of pink roses in the garden.

Put the two together and what do you have?

Pink Roses Double Delight Quilt!

This quilt is made with thick flannel fabric, so weighs a ton, but is incredibly soft and warm! The contrast of black and pink is striking!
The fabric is from a collection of Maywood Fabrics called Black Velvet...during the making of this quilt we nicknamed the fabrics Velvet Elvis :-)


Black Velvet Double Delight, Diane Weber, 70"x82"

When it came time to quilt it, I added more roses in the simple free-motion quilt design.





No comments:

Post a Comment