Friday, June 5, 2009

The "K"...Artist Card in Progress

The "K" was pretty tough at first...there is hardly anything in the French dictionary under "k".

I actually went a long way down one path before changing direction. I thought I would do something with 'kilometer' or 'kilomètre', and somehow this popped into my head...

Les bois sont beaux, foncés et profondément. Mais j'ai des promesses de garder. Et kilomètres à aller avent que je dorme.

I don't know where such stuff comes from, and talk about poetic license...

. Anyway, I was checking up on some of my favorite blogs, among them
Paris Breakfasts, when voila! a much better "k" word was staring me right in the face.

It will take a few days to complete this, as it is as much construction project as art :-)

Here is the first step:


ACEO in progress, floral fabric supplemented with machine and hand embroidery, 2 1/3" x 3 1/2"

No comments:

Post a Comment