Sunday, June 7, 2009

The "K"...Artist Card Complete!

I have outdone myself! This "k" card is so clever and so pretty and so original...don't care what happens, cause I love it, and I loved making it!

I've already shown and described the inside...that was the easy part.

To create the outside I studied, sketched and sized several images to get a shape that would work. This was cut out of fabric covered interfacing then detailed with black pigma marker.

In the "window" I sewed an Eiffel Tower image, then decorated this with flower and crystals.

The door attaches with metal jewelry hinges and ribbon.



From the attached silk ribbon hang three charms...a gold fleur-de-lis, a clockface K embellished with a crystal and a gold key. Is it the key to the kiosque? Or is K for key??

The inside view:



and the back...


2 comments:

  1. How pretty! Have you ever considered selling books - like photo albums for weddings, new babies, anniversaries, etc. or address books or daytimers, etc. with these elaborate covers? They would make such nice gifts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a lovely work of art! Sorry I have been missing...I finally finished my parent's wedding fabric portrait! Their 50 year celebration is this weekend:) Blessings to you! Jenna Louise

    ReplyDelete