Monday, June 22, 2009

Discovering Paris in San Francisco - Part 3

Our final stop of the day on Saturday was at The Ribbonerie in Laurel Heights. While Megan shopped for ribbons for her design projects, I trolled for French ribbon, and found a unique treasure!

An embroidered red on white ribbon that spells out "maman"! (I already regret not having picked up the "papa" ribbon as well.)

How perfectly coincidental that I was working on my "M" artist trading card / ACEO !!



The ribbon was a bit large, but I was able to fit it across the card like a sash. The layers are red dupioni silk on timtex, a black polka dotted ribbon that looks like spools on the reverse side (also from The Ribbonerie), a smaller black dotted ribbon from Montemarte, some of my Eiffel Tower ribbon and French lace highlighted with gold metallic paint.

The image is from my favorite Singer sewing ad...the First Lesson. A couple of charms, crystals and more paint add, well...charm :-)

On the back is the full ad, also on red silk, with the clockface M embellished with another crystal, and faux typewriter letters spelling out "mere".



No comments:

Post a Comment