Saturday, June 20, 2009

Discovering Paris in San Francisco - Part 1

How is it I have been to Paris so many times without ever even trying a macaron??

I think it's because I don't like American macaroons, a rather sweet cookie concoction involving coconut.


The French macaron est très different!



One of my favorite blogs, Paris Breakfasts, writes about macarons all the time.

But it took a Saturday excursion in San Francisco for me to discover the French macaron, at a bright and colorful little shop in Hayes Valley, Paulette.





I love the simple imagery in the business and post card, which is also found on their website.

Perhaps the lovely pink was what influenced me to try le franboise, which was divine!
I look forward to returning to try another flavor.

1 comment:

  1. There is also a French baker near my work that has the french version too - very yummy! I do like the American version as well.

    ReplyDelete