Thursday, May 7, 2009

Trying My Hand at Digital

I have wanted to learn how to do this for a long time. I have Photoshop since I bought the whole Creative Suite for my quilt pattern business, but I haven't really learned how to use it.

Megan knows how to use it but we are never in the same place at the same time long enough for her to show me, especially since she is in Paris and I am in Crapertino.

Along comes my new blogging friend Carla of Leafdays with some wonderful tutorials on her blog on doing digital collages! Add in the fact that I am sick and not feeling up to my usual artwork, and voila, my first digital collage background :-)



It may not look like much, but this is 6 layers - two color gradients, one with a couple of blurred color blobs, a stretched texture overlay, some scanned French text from my antique french dictionary, a small butterfly, and a large stretched butterfly overlay. I have a lot to learn, but this was the most fun I've had all day :-)

Thank you, Carla! I'll be back for more of your tutorials :-)

Oh and since my blog background was clashing with my collage, I decided I needed a change, at least for a couple of days. Thanks as usual to the Background Fairy.

1 comment:

  1. Diane I love it. It is very very pretty and wow, it's your first digital collage. I am glad my tutorials were of some help. And hey I have a bit of good news for you that I hope will help you feel better—you have won my latest giveaway! Random.org picked your comment number, so I am going to email you the printable collage sheet asap.
    best
    c

    ReplyDelete