Wednesday, May 13, 2009

"H" in Progress

Just like my "E", my "H" subject has been decided for a while, but of course I still took too long, at first, to pull the elements together.
But I found that there is a continuity from one letter to the next, from one piece of artwork to the next, just like there was always from one quilt design to the next.
In this case the continuity is not only the subject, but the background...another piece of typography fabric.
I wanted to make a statement about "time flying" and so the butterflies were a natural.
I'm still a little uncertain about how best to mix fabric and paper, and so after a bit of glue, I decided to use some "butterfly netting" (also known as glitter tulle) to keep the butterflies in place, secured with free-motion stitching, which worked out very nicely.

Still to be decided - the letters on the front or the back, how to secure the clock faces, where the heck is that circle template that I rescued from the garage after years of neglect??? where is that darned thing?? I want my H halo to be more circular!


ACEO "Horloge" in Progress, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

No comments:

Post a Comment