Saturday, April 11, 2009

Summer Dreams

What, still waiting for Spring? But it's never too early for Summer Dreams...

Summer Dreams...make you feel fine! (OK, so I took some creative liberty here).

The base of this card is a quilt of green metallic fabric on Timtex interfacing, on which I have doodled with gold metallic thread. I found this card behind a bunch of fabric at the back of a shelf in my studio today. It had been meant as an example of a quilted "doodle", but I guess I didn't like it, so I put it somewhere and it managed to get stuffed in the back of a shelf (OK, yes, this place IS out of control).

To this I collaged a postcard image of the Eiffel Tower in summer from the Les Saisons postcard I bought in Montemarte last month. The postcard is on gold paper, with a "D" for "Dreams" and several metal fleur-de-lis.


ACEO Summer Dreams, Diane Weber, 2 1/2" x 3 1/2"

On the back is another mini collaged background of flower stickers (from my colleague beaglecranium) and tiny faux scrabble tile letters spelling out "Summer Dreams".



The edges are gilded with gold metallic paint.

This card absolutely sparkles, as does the city which inspired it!


Pont Alexander, Paris, March 2009

2 comments:

  1. what a beautiful art card. You have been so busy and I have been neglecting my visits. I promise that once I get moved next month I will visit more regular again.
    Happy Easter.

    ReplyDelete