Wednesday, April 15, 2009

I Like Cows Best

While in Paris recently, we had the opportunity to attend the opening day of an Andy Warhol exhibit at the Grand Palais.

It was fabulous!

The impact of so many Warhols in one space has to be exactly what the artist intended.
"With the aim of recreating the effect of the principle of repetition which Warhol had in mind when he painted them, the Galeries Nationales du Grand Palais is presenting, for the first time, this large set of paintings which constitutes an unprecedented archive in the history of painting and photography."

I try to make it a point to buy one postcard after a museum exhibit which reflects what I liked best. And here it is...



At the exit of the very large, multi-floor-multi-room exhibit in the stunning Grand Palais, the walls were covered with Andy Warhol cow wallpaper.

It's hard to capture all of the Grand Palais area, it being so...grand, but here are a few of my favorite shots. The last one was taken by Megan at night during the previous YSL exhibit.



Oh and why this post now? Well, in cleaning up the living room coffee table (more on that tomorrow), I uncovered the bag with the catalog from the exhibit, which I am so glad Megan talked me into buying, despite the 45 Euro price tag (hey, not bad compared to the 95 E price tag for the Picasso exhibit catalog...but oh, do kinda wish I had bought that too, along with the Paris Disneyland hat and the blue street sign magnets...sigh...why must I covet stuff so??).

So anyway, find the bag with the still-shrinkwrapped catalog book, and inside is my postcard, finally seeing the light of day.

No comments:

Post a Comment