Saturday, March 28, 2009

Rock Gardening

The weather in March is usually quite nice here in Northern California, although it can still rain. But the last two days have brought exceptional weather, with temperatures into the high 70's, causing things to bloom in fast-motion! The summer jasmine is filling the air with perfume while the daffodils and freesias are still in their prime.



No longer fearful of rain or frost, the boys have taken up summer residence in the sunshine of the rose bed.



My blogging friend Deb was kind enough to bestow upon me an award:



Does she know that despite the fact I hardly ever work in paint, I really do have a passion for painting? I just don't do it cause I'm not very good at it.

But I did in fact do some painting today. It was time to get the front garden bed in shape, and the rocks needed a bit of a face lift. I call it "Rock Gardening".



3 comments:

  1. :) Yes, I DO know! You've mentioned that you love painting a few times, when you've done some painting for your collages. You are just one of those all around talented artists - mosaic, collage, textile, paint...no matter the media, you are passionate about your art!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for stopping by my blog and commenting, I love the blogosphere just for that. Now I have a new spot to check out! Your post cards are adorable! Lastly, thanks for bonus material on printing your blog - I did not know you could do that, I love that idea and plan on blogging about it as well. Merci et a bientot!

    ReplyDelete
  3. P.S. Have you thought about selling your quilts, cards etc on Etsy (www.etsy.com) it is all the rage for hand-crafted materials.

    ReplyDelete